Special Space Jumps
A fun game to teach/practise bridging through ten.
Thank you to Karen Gray from The Craylands School in Kent for suggesting the original game back in 2006!
- Y1: To represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
- Y1: To add [...] one-digit and two-digit numbers to 20, including zero
- Y2: To recall and use addition [...] facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100
- Y2: To add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including a two-digit number and ones...
- Partition the addend using number facts
- Which fact will get you to the next 10?
- Jump to the next ten
- How much is left to add (check the 10 frame)?
- Add it on, where did you get to? That's the answer!
- The astronaut needs to get back to her rocket.
- The rock is a safe place to hide from the alien.
- Jump to the safe place, then jump to the rocket.
- Press on the '+' buttons and type in the jumps.
- Each correct step is counted in your score.
- An incorrect step will see you eaten by the alien and then sent back to the start, (aliens don't like spacesuits!).