Practise blending for reading
This tool is intended to support whole-class or small group phonics teaching or to support parents/carers when supporting their child at home.
Why use it?
You can watch the lips form the sounds.
You can share grapheme-phoneme correspondence, (ideal for sharing sounds with busy parents/carers).
You don't have to prepare your own decodable words, this game does it for you.
- Choose a phase (Letters & Sounds) from the top of the sound chart/poster.
- Choose a sound to teach/practise.
- Wait for the pencil to write the grapheme.
- When the flash card stops moving you can press the sound button to hear the phoneme.
- The press on the '...' at the bottom of the card to see the grapheme in some words, (words taken from Letters & Sounds).
- Press on the dots and dashes to blend the sounds.
- 'Kiss goodbye' to the sounds/words when you want to remove them.
- NB: You can't change sounds or phases until all words/sounds have been closed/kissed goodbye.